Columbia Grange School News
- A hugely successful Christmas Fair
- Some of our class six children represented Sunderland in a sports competition.
- Every two years the Bingo Association hosts an event at the House of Commons to celebrate the fundraising and charitable achievements of the Bingo Industry.
- We had a great day participating in Pudsey activities
- The whole school were invited to our very first bonfire
Latest School Calendar Events
- Easter Disco02Apr2019
6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
For family and friends of pupils who attend Columbia Grange school. Please purchase tickets at £3 per person before the event.
- Easter Holidays08Apr2019
- Easter Holiday15Apr2019
- Easter Holiday22Apr2019
- May Day Bank Holiday06May2019
Columbia Grange is a co-educational school for children with severe learning difficulties and/or autism between the ages of two to eleven years. The school opened in September 2003 and is a purpose built provision with additional facilities for those pupils with autism. The school benefits from assessment facilities in our nursery, various therapy rooms, indoor/outdoor adventure playground, information technology room, music room, library, food technology room, sound and light studio and a parent’s room. The school has extensive outdoor facilities including a multi-purpose play area, pupil’s garden, nature trail and a discovery park.
With the current political drive towards increased inclusion, Columbia Grange act as a flexible base, whereby children (with ASD) from mainstream schools can attend on a temporary basis as part of a planned intervention strategy. In addition to these facilities the school also benefits from having an outreach department, which is staffed by a highly qualified and experienced team of specialists in autism. The school has established itself as a training centre for autism within the city, sharing good practice and delivering training.
Columbia Grange School is not affiliated to any particular religious denomination.