The Bare Toed Dance Company three day visit to school was AMAZING!
Click on 'The Bare Toed Dance Company' article in latest news below to see some more fantastic and daring photographs.
- A hugely successful Christmas Fair
- Some of our class six children represented Sunderland in a sports competition.
- Every two years the Bingo Association hosts an event at the House of Commons to celebrate the fundraising and charitable achievements of the Bingo Industry.
- We had a great day participating in Pudsey activities
- The whole school were invited to our very first bonfire
Latest School Calendar Events
- Outdoor Learning Day23May2019
9:10 am - 3:30 pm
We will be do our learning outdoors for most of today. Children can come dressed in non-uniform - if it is raining please provide your child with a wet proof coat.
- Physical Activity Day24May2019
9:10 am - 3:30 pm
We will all be taking part in P.E. and sports events today. Children can wear sport/active wear.
- Half Term27May2019
- Parents' evening12Jun2019
3:30 pm - 6:00 pm
appointments will be organised prior to evening
Columbia Grange is a co-educational school for children with severe learning difficulties and/or autism between the ages of two to eleven years. The school opened in September 2003 and is a purpose built provision with additional facilities for those pupils with autism. The school benefits from assessment facilities in our nursery, various therapy rooms, indoor/outdoor adventure playground, information technology room, music room, library, food technology room, sound and light studio and a parent’s room. The school has extensive outdoor facilities including a multi-purpose play area, pupil’s garden, nature trail and a discovery park.
With the current political drive towards increased inclusion, Columbia Grange act as a flexible base, whereby children (with ASD) from mainstream schools can attend on a temporary basis as part of a planned intervention strategy. In addition to these facilities the school also benefits from having an outreach department, which is staffed by a highly qualified and experienced team of specialists in autism. The school has established itself as a training centre for autism within the city, sharing good practice and delivering training.
Columbia Grange School is not affiliated to any particular religious denomination.