National Numeracy Day
Click the 'Numeracy Day' link in latest news below to see more about this great day.
- After 14 years our Chair of Governors has retired
- We celebrated National Picnic Day in our Discovery Park
- We are delighted with our new school minibus.
- Well done to the Early Years team for achieving their ICAN Early Talk Accreditation Enhanced Level.
- We all took our learning outside of the classroom, everyone enjoyed being busy, joining in with some outdoor fun.
Latest School Calendar Events
- Summer Holiday school closed22Jul2019
9:00 am - 26 jul, 4:00 pm
- Summer Holiday school closed29Jul2019
9:00 am - 02 aug, 4:00 pm
- Summer Holiday school closed05Aug2019
9:00 am - 09 aug, 4:00 pm
- Summer Holiday school closed12Aug2019
9:00 am - 16 aug, 4:00 pm
- Summer Holiday school closed19Aug2019
9:00 am - 23 aug, 4:00 pm
Columbia Grange is a co-educational school for children with severe learning difficulties and/or autism between the ages of two to eleven years. The school opened in September 2003 and is a purpose built provision with additional facilities for those pupils with autism. The school benefits from assessment facilities in our nursery, various therapy rooms, indoor/outdoor adventure playground, information technology room, music room, library, food technology room, sound and light studio and a parent’s room. The school has extensive outdoor facilities including a multi-purpose play area, pupil’s garden, nature trail and a discovery park.
With the current political drive towards increased inclusion, Columbia Grange act as a flexible base, whereby children (with ASD) from mainstream schools can attend on a temporary basis as part of a planned intervention strategy. In addition to these facilities the school also benefits from having an outreach department, which is staffed by a highly qualified and experienced team of specialists in autism. The school has established itself as a training centre for autism within the city, sharing good practice and delivering training.
Columbia Grange School is not affiliated to any particular religious denomination.