PE Funding 2019/20
PE and Sports Grant 2019-2020
For the 2019 / 2020 year our funding is £16,000 –please see below for breakdown of where the money will be spent, as we value the benefits from increased participation in physical and extra curricular activities, and as we have two distinct cohorts of pupils requiring very different interventions, school have also part –funded some of the services we have used the PE grant for.
Interventions and spending for 2019/ 2020
Sensory equipment such as swings, medicine balls, etc.
Foundation of Light - Coaches: multi skills and dancing as PE curriculum and After School Club
June – Fit for Fun as PE curriculum and After School Club
Judo with Kevin as PE curriculum and lunchtime clubs
Yoga with Carmela as PE curriculum
Rugby as lunchtime club
Sensory / emotional regulation staff training
PE training such as rebound therapy, etc.
- Achieved great active schools charter gold award for 2018/2019 – gathering evidence to keep gold level this year.
- School Games silver award for 2018/2019 – gathering evidence to go forward for gold level this year.
- For those pupils requiring sensory input we measure impact through SCERTS data – baseline, interim and final assessment
- We also use evidence from qualitative data – results from questionnaires sent to parents, teachers and support staff, regarding child’s emotional regulative state.
- For those pupils functioning at higher levels baseline assessments of their physical skills have been completed and further interim and year end assessments will be used to measure impact. Lesson observations and learning walks completed to ensure skills from coaches have been passed on to teaching staff and new resources purchased are supporting effective teaching and progress can be seen in PE skills.
- For those pupils accessing rebound therapy a baseline assessment on their physical abilities have been completed and a rebound profile has been allocated with all the activities/games/movements/jumps pupils are executing.
The PE and Sports Premium for Primary Schools - Sports Funding.
The government is providing funding to maintained primary schools and academies that is specifically targeted at improving the provision of physical education (PE) and sport.
For the academic year 2014 to 2015 we were allocated £8,335
For the academic year 2015 to 2016 we have been allocated £8,335
For the academic year 2016 to 2017 we have been allocated £8,403
For the academic year 2017 to 2018 we have been allocated £16,000
For the academic year 2018 to 2019 we have been allocated £16,000
How we spent the money in 2018 – 2019
- We replaced damaged resources for sensory dance – parachutes, rhythmic sticks, etc. to keep enhancing dancing experience.
- We purchased new PE equipment to continue the effective teaching.
- We purchased new PE equipment to be utilised during playtimes/lunchtimes such as outdoor equipment: bikes, scooters, helmets, knee and elbow pads.
- We bought in external coaches to work with pupils and upskill staff.
- We bought a yoga coach to work with pupils to provide them with breathing, meditation and relaxation techniques.
- We had a variety of lunchtime and after school provision.
- We bought in specialist OT provision to assess pupils and train staff to support pupils' emotional regulation and sensory needs.
- We kept refurbishing sensory room to meet children’s sensory needs.
- We upskilled staff in rebound therapy training.
- We offered some pupils with rebound therapy sessions.
How we intend to spend the money in 2019 – 2020
- To continue upskilling staff in rebound therapy training.
- To buy PE resources which can be used as part of the therapeutic/sensory rebound sessions such as rolls, co-operbands, inner tubes, etc.
- To buy more outdoor equipment such as bikes.
- To replace damaged PE equipment.