Pupil Premium Grant Information
The Pupil Premium is funding given to us by the Government to make sure that all our students who are entitled to free school meals or are in the care of the Local Authority do as well in their attainment and progress as the other students in the school.
On this page you will find information about how we spent the money last year, what we will be spending it on this year and how this has impacted on this group of students' attainment and progress.
PUPIL PREMIUM GRANT EXPENDITURE 2017/2018
PE / Sport premium 2017 2018
For the 2017 / 2018 year our funding was £16,000 –please see below for breakdown of where the money was spent, as we value the benefits from increased participation in sports, and as we have two distinct cohorts of pupils requiring very different interventions, school have also part –funded some of the services we have used the PE grant for.
Interventions and spending for 2017 2018
Sensory / emotional regulation staff training
Sunderland Football Club - Coaches
June – Fit for Fun
- For those pupils functioning at lower P levels and requiring sensory input we measure impact through SCERTS data – baseline, interim and final assessment
- We also use evidence from qualitative data – results from questionnaires sent to parents, teachers and support staff, regarding child’s emotional regulative state
- For those pupils functioning at higher P levels baseline assessments of their physical skills have been completed and further interim and year end assessments will be used to measure impact. Lesson observations and learning walks completed to ensure skills from coaches have been passed on to teaching staff and new resources purchased are supporting effective teaching and progress can be seen in PE skills
- Achieved great active schools charter gold award for 2016/2017 – gathering evidence to keep gold level this year.
- School Games silver award for 2016/2017 – gathering evidence to go forward for gold level this year
The PE and Sports Premium for Primary Schools - Sports Funding.
The government is providing funding to maintained primary schools and academies that is specifically targeted at improving the provision of physical education (PE) and sport.
For the academic year 2014 to 2015 we were allocated £8,335
For the academic year 2015 to 2016 we have been allocated £8,335
For the academic year 2016 to 2017 we have been allocated £8,403
How we spent the money in 2016 – 2017
• We have purchased equipment to enhance physical development in outdoor provision – bikes, scooters, bats, balls etc.
• We have purchased PE equipment to enable more effective teaching – parachutes, balls, etc.
• We bought in specialist teachers to work with pupils and up-skill staff
• We have increased lunchtime and after school provision
• We bought in specialist OT provision from tree tops to assess pupils and train staff to support pupils' emotional regulation and sensory needs
• We have set up of specialist resource room – sensory / OT room, pupils physical needs can be met.
How we intend to spend the money in 2017 – 2018
• To purchase equipment to enhance movement through sensory dance – scarves, ribbons, etc.
• To purchase PE equipment to continue the effective teaching – river stones, etc.
• To buy in external coaches to work with pupils and up-skill staff.
- To buy a yoga coach to work with pupils to provide them with breathing, meditation and relaxation techniques.
• To have a variety of lunchtime and after school provision
• To buy in specialist OT provision to assess pupils and train staff to support pupils' emotional regulation and sensory needs
• To refurbish sensory room to meet children’s sensory needs.