Remember to upload our School App on android or IOS by searching 'webanywhere' choose 'school jotter' (icon of a green pencil) and search 'Columbia Grange School'.
Remember we also have a school facebook page '@Columbia Grange School'
Keep checking these pages for up to date information, events and see what is going on in school.
We now have a new number for the school office!
0191 691 3940
Please update your contacts.
Columbia Grange School News
- Children from Class 8 and Class 10 enjoyed a trip to Nissan as part its Monozukuri Caravan Programme. Click the link to find out more about it.
- We were delighted to have the RPO entertain us on Friday 6th January 2017. Click the link to read more about their visit.
- Click here to see images of the rehearsals
- Click the link to see more about this wonderful event
- Our brand new website goes live - 15th January 2017 and our exclusive mobile application is coming soon!
Latest School Calendar Events
- Half term holiday22Oct2018
9:00 am - 26 oct, 4:00 pm
school is closed for the half term holiday
- Return to school29Oct2018
9:10 am - 3:30 pm
Children and staff return today
- Halloween Disco31Oct2018
5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
Come along and join our annual Halloween family disco - details to follow
- School Photographer06Nov2018
9:30 am - 3:30 pm
The school photographer will be in school today
- Parents' evening07Nov2018
3:30 pm - 6:00 pm
appointments will be organised prior to evening
Columbia Grange is a co-educational school for children with severe learning difficulties and/or autism between the ages of two to eleven years. The school opened in September 2003 and is a purpose built provision with additional facilities for those pupils with autism. The school benefits from assessment facilities in our nursery, various therapy rooms, indoor/outdoor adventure playground, information technology room, music room, library, food technology room, sound and light studio and a parent’s room. The school has extensive outdoor facilities including a multi-purpose play area, pupil’s garden, nature trail and a discovery park.
With the current political drive towards increased inclusion, Columbia Grange act as a flexible base, whereby children (with ASD) from mainstream schools can attend on a temporary basis as part of a planned intervention strategy. In addition to these facilities the school also benefits from having an outreach department, which is staffed by a highly qualified and experienced team of specialists in autism. The school has established itself as a training centre for autism within the city, sharing good practice and delivering training.
Columbia Grange School is not affiliated to any particular religious denomination.